- death certificate
- last will
- all assets owned by deceased
- file an application
- post a 2 week at the court house
- Schedule hearing in front of judge.
The probate of someone's estate refers to the process by which a court recognizes that person's death and authorizes the administration of that person's estate.
- 18 years old, married or serving in the armed forces
- must be of sound of mind
- must sign in front of two neutral witnesses and a notary
You can designate an individual/s to care for your children and property
Creating a will is an important step in planning the distribution of your estate following your death.
Copyright © Michael R. Lackmeyer Attorney at Law All Rights Reserved.
Fellow of American Academy of Adoption Attorneys.