You and your partner are ready to adopt, with more counties expecting same sex adoptions including Bell County, we can help facilitate the process.
7. Interstate Compact: Mr. Lackmeyer prepares all interstate compact documentation.
As a member of the military you have an unique advantage when it comes to adoption. You can count on us to help with:
Foster Parent Adoptions:
Decided you want your foster child or Child Protective Services (CPS) placement a permanent member of your family, we can help with:
Aunt And Uncle Adoptions:
You made a decision to make you family member you child, we can help you through the process:
You have decided to become your grandchild's legal parent, let us help you through the steps:
Step Parent Adoptions:
You already think of your step child as your own and want to make it official. Finalize your blended family with our adoption assistance:
When you've made arrangements with a birth mother to adopt her child you want to make sure that you understand everything that's needs to be done to finalize the termination and adoption. Michael R. Lackmeyer can help you with:
4. Social Study: It will take place at our office. All family members who live in the household will need to attend. This will genate a report for the judge for your case.Fees: $300.00 for the first child being adopted, each addition child being adopted it will be an addition $50.00 fee per child.
International Adoption / Readoption::
You've complete an international adoption and want to have it recognized by Texas courts. Obtain recognition of your foreign adoption with our legal assistance:
5. Birth Parent Expenses: Funds are occasionally provided for a birth mother who has documented needs for housing, food, supplemental medical, and transportation. They are accrued during pregnancy and for a period not to exceed six weeks postpartum. Minimum Standards for Child Placing Agencies requires that the agency must demonstrate that all expenses are necessary and that the birth parent does not have resources to meet these needs. These fees are non-refundable and the agency cannot require the birth parent to return these fees if an adoption plan is NOT made.
Interstate Compact Adoption:
When you've made arrangements with a Texas birth mother to adopt her child, but you live out of state, we can help:
You want to adopt a legal adult and need to make sure that everything is in order. Rely on our experience to finalize your adult adoption:
2. Home Study Update: Texas Minimum Standards for Child Placing Agencies requires six-month reviews of each home as well as a visit to the home within one month prior to the placement of a child.
1. Home Study: This service is for the completion of a Pre-Adoption Social Study. It includes a minimum of two joint visits (one in the administration office and one in the home with all family members present), and single interviews with each household member over age three living in the home as well as any children living outside of the home.
You have started the adoption process with an adoption agency; look to us for the finalization:
6. Post Placement Visits: The agency requires a minimum of five post placement visits during the six months following placement. Post placement visits for international or out-of-state adoptions may vary.
Legal Immigrant Adoption:
Your legal resident immigration adoption can be finalized with our help:
Copyright © Michael R. Lackmeyer Attorney at Law All Rights Reserved.
Fellow of American Academy of Adoption Attorneys.